Come change local government!
“Digital is vital to the continued success of the West Midlands economy because it is the golden thread across all the industries which will provide jobs in the twenty-first century.”
Andy Street, Mayor of the West Midlands
What is Urban Challenge
Urban Challenge is an open call competition for technology startups to develop new ideas to make the West Midlands a better place to live and work by pitching directly to the Mayor and the chance to work directly with officials from the West Midlands Combined Authority.
Startups will win a prize package worth over £20,000 plus a guaranteed three-month pilot with the West Midlands Combined Authority, and support by Public in developing the proposition, pitch and sales strategy.
Four separate challenges that startups can apply to
Each challenge represents both an area where UrbanTech can play a crucial role and also where the West Midlands Combined Authority has identified a critical challenge.
(cash + AWS credits) and a three-month pilot with West Midlands
and support from
The West Midlands Combined Authority and PUBLIC
Winning startups will also receive
- Weekly access to WMCA and its data throughout the pilot
- Mentoring and support led by Public
- Access to top tier investors to raise further capital
- Monthly meetings with the Mayor of the West Midlands
- Working space in the Mayor’s office for the duration of the pilot
- AWS credits, training, and support through AWS Activate
Meet the mayor and top UK investors
- Andy StreetMayor of the West Midlands
- Alexander de CarvalhoCo-founder, Public
- Suzanne AshmanPartner, LocalGlobe
- Jeff LynnExecutive Chairman & Co-Founder, Seedrs
- Christian HernandezCo-founder & Managing Partner, White Star Capital